There are multiple ways to help improve our documentation:
- Contribute via GitHub: Submit pull requests in the GitHub* documentation repository.
- Log an issue: Enter an issue in the documentation repository for minor issues such as typos.
- Make a suggestion: Send your documentation suggestion to the mailing list.
- Test documentation: Step through our guides and tutorials to verify the instructions. Log an issue or submit a pull request with your findings.
All contributions must follow our code of conduct.
Contribute via GitHub¶
Our documentation is hosted in GitHub and we follow the standard GitHub flow. Here are the basic steps for contributing:
- Clone the documentation repository.
- Create your own fork of the repository.
- Create a branch for your contribution.
- Add your commits.
- Open a pull request.
- Discuss, review, and update your contributions.
- Once the maintainer approves, your contribution is merged and published as part of the documentation.
The Clear Linux OS documentation is written using reStructuredText. Use our guidelines and best practices to write consistent, readable documentation.
We use the following references for grammar, style, and formatting: